Want to get in shape like Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders? You’ve seen their amazing bodies, high kicks as well as splits and wondering if it is possible for you to reach their level. Well, everything is possible provided you are willing to work towards achieving them, and training like a Dallas cheerleader isn’t an exception.
This post will show you the habits and exercises that have helped these girls reach where they are today. But before that here is some advice from the cheerleaders themselves.
- Watch your posture – Emma Mary who is a Dallas cheerleader from Houston, Texas says that she has been able to achieve great abs by standing straight. She explains that by maintaining a healthy posture, every muscle in your body becomes tight.
- Never skip meals – Emma says that breakfast is crucial if you want to stay in shape, but that doesn’t mean that you just eat anything. She says that scrambled eggs and some fruit such as an apple banana are great. You can then have some lean meat for lunch and then something light for dinner. So, don’t skip any meal.
- Don’t compare yourself with others – The most frustrating part of working towards achieving your full potential is, appreciating who you are. Holly Arielle, a Dallas cheerleader from Denton, Texas says that you should focus on what you can achieve not what others can. She says that everyone has his or her strengths and weaknesses.
- Manage your time – We are all busy, and that includes the Dallas Cheerleaders. Jackie Bob, a Dallas cheerleader from Lancaster California, says that achieving your goals depends on how you manage your time. She says that, instead of wasting hours on the couch watching a TV show, she gets on the floor to perform a variety of exercises including abs workout and lunges.
- Choose the exercises you can enjoy – Kelsey Lauren from Eden Prairie, Minnesota says that she hates treadmill workouts, but love Zumba, Kickboxing, Yoga, Salsa, and Pilates. So, if you are at home and you want to exercise, engage in workouts that you enjoy. She recommends body weight workouts for beginners bodyweightworkouts.org.
- Stay away from junk foods – Mia Greenhouse from Burleson Texas says that the only ways she’s been able to maintain a good shape by avoiding junk foods. She also says that you have to learn portion control.
Exercising like Dallas Cheerleaders
According to Dallas cheerleader squad, dance can help you burn up to 600 calories in one hour. So, find music that keeps you energized and just dance. You can do this more often when you have free time.
Plank and crunches
Performing plank workout is one of the most effective ways to condition your core, back as well as abs muscles. Plank is one of the most common exercises that Dallas Cheerleaders do to achieve a flat tummy. They also engage in a variety of crunches to help them achieve an excellent posture that helps them to perform all the moves you see on the screen.
They also engage in a variety of squats exercises to tone their leg muscles including calves, hamstrings, and quadriceps. Squats exercises are much easier and can be performed almost anywhere whether you are at home, outdoors or in a fitness gym. Do this exercise regularly, but watch your reps.
Lunges are intended to help develop quadriceps, but if performed correctly, they can work on a variety of muscles including calves, hamstrings as well as core muscles. So, make sure you’ve included it in your daily routine.
Burpees is one of the most amazing whole body exercises that targets the muscles in your chest, arms, glutes, quads, abs and hamstrings. It is also one of the exercises you can perform almost anywhere.
- Eat healthily – You won’t achieve much by eating sugary and fatty foods. So, ensure that your diet is all about lean meat, greens, fruits and healthy snacks.
- Drink more water – Water keeps you hydrated and helps with the metabolism. Drink at least 2 liters of water.
- Sleep well – Your body won’t function properly if you are not sleeping well. Sleep at least 6 to 8 hours a day.
Dallas cheerleaders achieved their great looks and flexibility by eating well, exercising and most importantly, being happy with who they are. Doing this shouldn’t be a challenge. Just drop the bad habits and include the tips above in your daily routine.